Committed to the online privacy of all our users and visitors, your privacy is very important to us and we understand how important it is to you.
The Data Protection Officer,
E Plan Est.,
Telephone: 0203 745 7158
- The Data We Collect
- How We Collect Your Data
- How We Use and Process Your Data
- How We Store Your Data
- Your Data Protection Rights
- Social Media
- Data Complaints and Requests
Through our website, you are able to browse, sign up and subscribe to other websites, which are not under the control of HY Trailer Co Ltd.
We comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR and we are regulated for data protection purposes by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) and registered with the ICO under the registration number: ZB280715.
2. The Data We Collect
We collect the following data:
- Your name and email address
- Your contact details, including address and email
- Your website URL and name
- Financial and billing information to process your order/s
- Details of your interactions with us through telephone, email or in writing
We may also retain notes and telephone call recordings from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of the web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
We may also hold copies of documents you provide us with to prove your age, address or identity. Or where the law requires this, information such as your passport and driver’s licence. This will include details of your full name, address, date of birth and photograph. If you provide a passport, the data will also include your place of birth, gender and nationality.
3. How We Collect Your Data
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser cookies
- When you provide a testimonial.
- When you complete any forms or paperwork.
- When you’ve given a third-party permission to share information with us that they hold about you.
- When you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
4. How We Use and Process Your Data
HY Trailer Co Ltd., collect your data so that we can:
- Effectively manage and maintain our website.
- Send you administrative communications, such as confirmation e-mails, technical notices and updates on policies.
- Process and manage your order/s, services and goods that we supply.
- When we process your order, we may send your data to and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- We may contact you to advise you of any developments that are likely to benefit or affect you.
- During the time that we hold your records, we may legitimately contact you if new developments occur that are likely to affect you. Particularly if the information we are providing to you will be of benefit.
- Personal information to third parties may be disclosed if we sell all, or a section, of our business and/or assets to a third party.
- We may share your information with third parties to whom you ask us to send your information.
By using the ReCAPTCHA service, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing your data are:
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
5. How We Store Your Data
We securely store your digital data using cloud systems. Hard copy/paper documents are stored securely in a locked facility on our premises.
We retain your data for a maximum period of six years. We do this in case your information is required for any reason, following the completion of your order.
Once this time period has expired, we permanently delete your digital data from our cloud storage systems, including overwriting any backup storage. We often seek specialist IT advice regarding secure document deletion, when required. We securely destroy all hard copy/paper documents by shredding.
From time to time, we would like to send you information about our products and services that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
You have the right, at any time, to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to our partner companies.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us.
Case studies in association with success stories represent constructed examples for marketing purposes only. Loosely based on people and events, these examples do not necessarily relate to clients of HY Trailer Co.
7. Your Data Protection Rights
We would like to make you aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access: you have the right to contact us and request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification: you have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete any information that you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure: you have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing: you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing: you have the right to object to the way we process your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability: you have the right to request that we transfer your data to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
8. Social Media
We maintain publicly accessible profiles on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Above and beyond the processing of personal data specified here, we do not have any influence on the processing of personal data in connection with your use of our social media pages. This applies, in particular, to the use of interactive features, such as “comment”, “share” and “like”.
10. Data Complaints and Requests
If you make a request or a complaint regarding your data, we will respond to your request or complaint within one month. If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us:
By email: email@example.com
Or write to us at:
The Data Protection Officer,
E Plan Est.,
You can complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk